Shape of the mountains

Questions

Two questions

« Older   Newer »

1. yes_no

User deleted

How do you explain earthquakes and volcanoes, and especially their alignment along particular structures?

How do you explain the movements of the earth's crust that today are even measured?

2. soice

User deleted

First of all the volcanoes are lined all around the Pacific Ocean.
    The Americas are moving westward and Asia instead moves eastward. This generates sliding movements and subduction. Are thus generated pressures, tensions and then earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

This means when the pressure is concentrated at certain points or generates earthquakes or mergers or both and then breaks, faults, eruptions.

The movements of the crust are indisputable, are in place and are considered the main cause of these events. I certainly did not intend to disown or neglect.

The phenomenon that occurs around the Pacific Ocean takes place also in other situations, smaller but similar in their turn confirm the theory. Example southern Europe.

The Pacific Ocean, in addition to being the form around which this phenomenon is more evident, it is also, for a long time, the water basin largest existing on earth.
    A glacial phenomenon, made of glacial streams that flow on a continental surface, tends to stop meeting with the sea.
    This is because the warm currents of the sea are able to oppose the cold current represented by glacial front with more force than the elements alone.
    The front then stops, melting for a period close to the sea. And they form terminal moraines shaped arc.
    The banks of the Pacific Ocean are formed by mountain ranges with this shape.

Japan and Indonesia in general is composed of arc-shaped structures. Do not look like a tectonic plate drifting (I mean flat and steady as Asia), but rather an extension, a series of moraines semi-submerged arc-shaped that are filling a part of the seabed.
    Again, these structures, relatively recent, and still settling, and then generate pressures volcanism and earthquakes.
    Similar situation is also found in Central America.

The phenomenon of continental drift is very slow. Partial glaciations, can be much more frequent. The glacial currents are faster than continents. They can act by modeling both with abrasions and deposits.

This is not inconsistent with any theory, simply complementary.

3. grace3

User deleted

:rolleyes: good morning.
    I am new to theese argoment, but i think it is very interesting.
    I hope to have time for study better it.

4. soice

User deleted

Hi Grace3, do not panic about study it.

Simply ask me something if you like.

3 replies since 21/12/2014, 12:43   14 views